Katja Doerschner of UMRAM has been considered as one of the most promising young scientists of 2012 in Turkey by The Turkish Academy of Sciences (TÜBA). She is among the 28 scientists this year who has been awarded within the framework of The Young Scientists Award Programme. The objective of TÜBA-GEBIP is to foster young, outstanding scientists encourage them to establish their own research programmes in Turkey. TUBA supports these scientists for a period of three years and helps them set up their own research groups at a stage when they are in need for incentives. We congratulate Katja for her well deserved succsess.
International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine held its annual meeting in 20-26 April 2013 at Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. The members and users of UMRAM had a strong appearance in the meeting with 11 presentations and four awards. While Esra Abaci and Emre Kopanoglu received summa cum laude, Fatih Hafalir and Omer Faruk Oran received magna cum laude ISMRM merit awards. Also, Dr. Atalar was selected as secretary of the Interventional MRI study group. He will be vice president of the study group in 2015 and president in 2016. The complete list of UMRAM related presentations are:
Dr. Hulusi Kafaligonul has started UMRAM on Mar 11, 2013 as Assistant Professor. Dr. Kafaligonul received his BS degree from Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Bogazici University. Later he obtained PhD degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from University of Houston. His PhD research was on understanding human vision system. He later joined to Salk Institute for Biological Studies to continue his studies on human vision system. Dr. Kafaligonul is a recipient of the CoFunded Brain Circulation Fellowship.
UMRAM hosted the "Basic fMRI Course" on 16 -17 March which was organized by Assoc. Prof. Orhan Murat Kocak of The Psychiatric Association of Turkey (PAT) Ankara Branch.The course has started with a technical briefing about MRI Scanners given by our MR technician Mr.Musa Kurnaz. After that an imaging practice session was held using the experimental paradigm of the functional imaging study entitled "OCD motor system" that is being carried out in UMRAM. Then the analysis of the acquired data had been discussed in detail throughout the day.
Dr. Devashish Shrivastava visit our to present a seminar entitled "Radiofrequency Heating in a 3T Body Coil: Are Current SAR Guideline Sufficient to Ensure Patient Safety?" He also shared his experiences with us during the heat experiment we did on a sheep. Dr. Shrivastava is an assistant professor at the Center for Magnetic Resonance Research, University of Minnesota. His research interests are RF heating, its thermo-physiological consequences, and associated mechanisms to ensure RF safety for humans during imaging at 1.5 tesla (T) and at higher magnetic field MR systems.
Dr. Irtiza Gilani joined UMRAM as postdoctoral researcher. Dr. Irtiza's PhD studies were on magnetic resonance imaging at University of Dortmund. He later continued his studies in neuroscience at University of Helsinki. He plans to work under supervision of Drs. Katja Doerschner and Boyaci.
UMRAM faculty, Dr. Huseyin Boyaci has been promoted to Associate Professor of Psychology in Bilkent University. Promotion to associate professor is a distinct honor reserved for faculty members who demonstrated consistently outstanding achievement in teaching and research.
Dr. Boyaci is a graduate of Bilkent University. After receiving his PhD, he joined New York University as post-doctoral fellow. Later he continued his studies at University Minnesota at Twin Cities. He has been with Bilkent since 2008. More information about Dr. Boyaci can be found in this web site (Home / People / Faculty).
- NEW YEAR CELEBRATION IN UMRAM
- TUBITAK 47 Science Awards are given to their recipients.
- Patent on Implant Heat Reduction
- Women and men showed different patterns in white matter alterations associated with epilepsy
- Oktay Algin passed YOKs exam for Associate Professorship
- UMRAM 2nd Pediatric Neuroradiology Course
- Two US patents were issued
- Seminar from Nikola Stikov
- Yildiray Gokhalk completed Siemens Innovation Think Tank Camp
- Seminar from Uzay Emir
- Party For leavers
- Emre Kopanoglu Has Gained a Ph.D. Degree
- New Method of Specific Absorption Rate Reduction In Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- UMRAM partner in a Marie Curie ITN
- Onur Kulce defended his M.S. thesis
- MRI reveals differences between male and female epilepsy
- TUBITAK awards go to Drs. Doerschner and Ozcelik
- Prof. Oguz received a TUBITAK 1001
- Assessing structural and functional architecture of the human brain through investigating influences of genetically rooted central nervous system disorders
- Three ESMRMB presentations